Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Letter to Itty Bitty

Dear itty bitty baby in my belly,
      I can't stop thinking about you. You are the last thing I think of as I drift off to sleep, and the first thing I think of when I wake up. I dream about you at night, and I daydream about you during the day. I pretend to listen when people are talking, only I'm not listening because I'm thinking about you. I pretend to read a book, and occasionally even turn a page, but I don't know what I'm reading because my mind is wandering... I'm thinking about you.
     I think all sorts of things, like what color will your hair be? Will I know what to do when you cry? Will you like me? Will you roll your eyes at my jokes? Will you think my clothes are out of style? Are you gonna give me stretch marks? It's ok if you do, but then you at least better be nice to me when you get older. I hope you have Joel's sense of humor, but certainly not his temper. I hope we raise you with just the right amount of spankings. Not so much that you'll hate us, but not so few that you're spoiled. We're definitely gonna spank you though, just so you know. I got spanked a lot when I was a kid, and I still like my Mom. If fact, my Mom is my best friend. She's the greatest lady I've ever met. We might even name you after her, if you're a girl. Are you a girl? Do you want to be a ballerina? Because I completely support you being a ballerina... but soccer's fine too. Or are you a boy? We'll name you after Joel's Grandpa- 'a strong manly name' is what Joel calls it. If you are a boy, then I hope you like wrestling because the Smith boys do a lot of that. Joel will show you how. I'm a really good baker, just so you know. I'm gonna bake you a lot of cookies. I pray for you every day. I pray that you'll be healthy and strong and smart and that you'll love Jesus.
     I have lots more to tell you, but I'll save some for later. I don't want you to think I talk too much. 

Love,
  Your Mommy

    



   

5 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to meet this little person! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This absolutely did not make me cry I have no idea what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erynne, this made me cry! I'm so happy for you and Joel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erynne...this is the sweetest thing I have ever read! However, the pretending to listen thing as nothing to do with our precious baby growing inside of you!!! It's just how God made you and why I love you (LOLOLOL)!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete